learning outside


Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) does not charge tuition fees. However, a semester contribution fee of approx. €332 must be paid before the start of every semester. You should also take into consideration that you have to pay for accommodation, clothes and food and we recommend putting aside approx. €700 per month for this. You may also have to spend some extra money on books and other materials at the beginning of each semester.

Please keep this in mind when you are planning your studies!

Financing your studies

General information on financing your studies can be found here.

In Germany there is a law which guarantees financial support to German students in special cases. This is called the Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz (BAföG). Students from EU and EEG countries may also be entitled to this funding depending on the circumstances.

Proof of finance

By applying for a residence permit in Germany or by it's extension you have to proof your finance.
With this, you can prove you have enough money to finance your stay in Germany - for at least one year - and do not have to make use of the German social welfare system due to financial problems.