International Students 3


If your university is not a partner univeristy of Ruhr-Universität Bochum but you would like to study here for one or two semesters, you can apply as a freemover. The faculties have to decide whether to accept the applicant or not.
To apply as a freemover at RUB please send the following documents as PDF-files to the International Office by email:

  • Letter of motivation
  • Curriculum vitae in German or English with passport photo (please use the Europass template)
  • Transcript of academic records
  • Language certificate
    for German taught courses: at least level B2 and
    for English taught courses: TOEFL (minimum score paper-based 550, computer-based 215, internet-based 79) or IELTS (minimum score 6.0)
  • Certificate of enrolment from your home university

After we have received your documents we will forward them to the faculty and inform you whether we will accept you as a freemover.

RUBiss Logo


Application Deadlines

Summer Semester: 15 December
Winter Semester: 15 June


Info Sheet Freemover 2018/19   (183.1 kB)


Giedre Jukneviciute